Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about United States Patent and Trademark Office and other Invention topics.
When you hire a professional to conduct a patent search for your invention, you should receive a patent search report that can be reviewed with your patent lawyer or agent.
Your patent search report should contain:
- a description of your invention written by the researcher to confirm they understand the nuances of your invention
- a list of the patents discovered during the search
- prose that explains the relevance of the found patents and their references
- a list of classes and subclasses searched
- a list of examiners consulted.