Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Invention Services and other Invention topics.
If you're interested in working with inventor services, here's inventor information that can help you avoid making a costly mistake.
The American Inventors Protection Act of 1999 gives you a few protections when dealing with invention promoters and invention licensing companies. Before they can enter into a contract with you, they must disclose the information about its business practices during the past five years including:
- how many inventions it has evaluated,
- how many of those inventions got positive or negative evaluations,
- its total number of customers,
- how many of those customers received a net profit from the promoter's services,
- how many of those customers have licensed their inventions due to the promoter's services.
This information can help you decide which invention services firm you want to hire.